A mysterious island.
An abandoned orphanage.
A strange collection of very curious photographs.
It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.
A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography,Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.
Hearing such great reviews all over the blogosphere, Goodreads, and elsewhere I decided this book must be read. Lucky enough last week receiving it in my mail box, I was able to get started on it right away! And Well this Book is Just amazing !
I have never read anything this unusual, this different, and this scary in a sense ever in Ya fiction or any kind of fiction...IT WAS FANTASTIC! First of all there are way to many reasons why this book is jut as amazing as it is, such as;
- It had amazing language, and while reading it, It didn't feel like reading YA, but it was! It wasn't overly mature, and there was great comedy
- The Pictures were an amazing touch to the story. It made the book seem authentic, and so real!
- There was a little bit of romace, and with that romance there was comedy, which made it a read that can be loved by all ages.
- Characters were well developed, and you can easily picture each character ( the pictures helped). Each character had a distinct personality, and each Peculiar child was so unique and lovable...most of them
- The plot, grabbed you pretty quick, and it is difficult to put the book down afterwords
- Lastly, The whole mystery and discovery aspect allowed you to connect with the main characters, which made reading it way more entertaining.
So As you can see... I adored this book! I can only see say go get yourself a copy because it is totally worth it ! So Yes this may be a short Review, but for This books, i am at a loss of words, and you just need to read the book, and discover the magic :D ! I would absolutely positively give this book a 5/5 ! And now I need a Sequel ASAP!